What to eat in Ibiza - Typical food
The gastronomy of Ibiza and Formentera is spectacular, from the classic paella to the best desserts. Let’s go to our personal recommendations:
Best restaurants in Ibiza
- Restaurant Sa Fonda: Halfway between Ibiza and Santa Eulalia del Río, a very well kept place with the best cheesecake. the best cheesecake we have tasted on the island.
- Es Gerret, in San Antonio de Portmany, is a restaurant near Café del Mar. We recommend watching the sunset at Café del Mar with a cocktail and dinner at Es Gerret.
- A cocktail on the terrace of the Aguas de Ibiza. Its Rooftop enchants us with unique and amazing views. We recommend that you make a reservation in advance during July and August and go after 8:00, the sunset is spectacular.
- If we have to recommend beach bars, we can not think of any other than the beach bar of Cala Gracioneta, San Antonio. An idyllic setting and a ten-rate meal, paellas, seafood and cocktails.
Typical dishes in Ibiza
The traditional Ibicencan cuisine is very varied. If you want to enjoy it to the fullest you have to go to specialized restaurants such as Ca n’Alfredo, next to the port of Ibiza, or Cas Pagès, in the northwest of the island.
- You can’t come and not eat a seafood paella on a terrace in the sun. We recommend you to eat it at Cala Martina Restaurant, an authentic recipe that you will love.
- The “bullit de peix“, made with local produce, is the star of Ibicencan gastronomy. We recommend S’Espartar, in San Antonio, or Es Pou des Lleó, in Santa Eulalia.
- Another of our star rice dishes is the Arròs de matances . A unique flavor with the best products of our land.
- For those with a sweet tooth, you can’t miss greixoneras or flaones, two of the island’s classic desserts that you can find in almost every restaurant menu or in pastry shops like Can Bufí. Undoubtedly, a gift from our land that you can take with you, more original than the classic fridge magnets.
MORE BLOGS ...
HOW TO MOVE AROUND FORMENTERA?
We explain the options you have to move around Formentera in the best way.
WHAT TO SEE IN FORMENTERA IN ONE DAY?
Perfect route to discover Formentera in one day. The best plans.